Master of Professional Studies in Analytics
Domestic or Permanent Resident September 5, 2023
International In-Country: August 8, 2023
International Out-of-Country: May 1, 2023
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out and submit an inquiry here.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT STUDY PERMITS
We recommend students looking to pursue a Study Permit apply 3 months minimum in advance of the program start date.
Learn more about Study Permit application on the OGS website.
*Please note – For students applying to our Canadian campuses who are eligible for and wish to apply for a Study Permit via Student Direct Stream (SDS), the IELTS is the only English Language test accepted with the SDS application. Students applying via non-SDS are welcome to apply with TOEFL, IELTS or any of the methods mentioned here.
Program Description and Accreditation
This institution has been granted consent by the Minister of Colleges and Universities to offer this degree program for a five-year term starting March 6, 2020. Prospective students are responsible for satisfying themselves that the program and the degree will be appropriate to their needs (e.g., acceptable to potential employers, professional licensing bodies or other educational institutions).
The Master of Professional Studies in Analytics helps to meet the increasing demand from employers by teaching the competencies that define an analyst’s ability to demonstrate the application of the knowledge, skills, and dispositions through behavior that is directly related to performance goals: statistics/mathematics, analytics systems technology, business intelligence, advanced analytics, business process/ management, business analytics agility, communicating with data, and leadership/data governance, policy, and ethics.
The Master of Professional Studies in Analytics program prepares students by applying the principles, tools, and methods of analytics to a project within a sponsoring organization to successfully assist with the extraction, development, delivery, and/or translation/implementation of data analysis for tactical and/or strategic decision making in organizations.
You’ll have the unique opportunity to…
- Graduate with a portfolio of work samples that demonstrate your range and depth of skill
- Be part of a larger network of analytics professionals
- Online, interactive program allows for flexibility for working professionals
- This is a STEM-designated graduate degree
- Online application
- Statement of purpose (500–1000 words): identify your educational goals and expectations of the program; please be aware that Northeastern University’s academic policy on plagiarism applies to your statement of purpose
- Professional resumé
- Unofficial undergraduate transcripts; official transcripts required at the time of admission
- Two letters of recommendation: from individuals who have either academic or professional knowledge of your capabilities such as a faculty member, colleague, or mentor, preferably one from your current employer
- English language proficiency proof: students for whom English is not their primary language must submit one of the following:
- Official associate or bachelor’s degree transcript from an accredited college or university in the U.S., stating degree conferral and date
- TOEFL, IELTS, or NU Global Exam scores
Build portfolios of real-world projects demonstrating competency with key technologies, visualization and communication techniques, and the ability to translate information into recommended actions.
- Gain a core analytical skill set upon which to layer more specialized technical skill sets or industry-specific applications.
- Develop a relationship to industry leaders and peers so that you may leverage your Northeastern education long after your formal education ends.
- Choose from a host of flexible programming options—all of which share an industry-defined core curriculum and a credit-bearing experiential requirement.
- Anticipate and contribute to the future direction of data analytics.
Find Out More
Request More Information
By submitting the form, you will receive information from Northeastern University with details about our degree programs and certificates by email or receive a phone call from one of our enrollment coaches. You can unsubscribe at any time.