Master of Science in Project Management
Domestic or Permanent Resident December 18, 2023
International In-Country: December 11, 2023
International Out-of-Country: August 1, 2023
Fall 2024 (Beginning September 18, 2024)
Domestic or Permanent Resident September 5, 2024
International In-Country: August 8, 2024
International Out-of-Country: May 1, 2024
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out and submit an inquiry here.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT STUDY PERMITS
We recommend students looking to pursue a Study Permit apply 3 months minimum in advance of the program start date.
Learn more about Study Permit application on the OGS website.
*Please note – For students applying to our Canadian campuses who are eligible for and wish to apply for a Study Permit via Student Direct Stream (SDS), the IELTS is the only English Language test accepted with the SDS application. Students applying via non-SDS are welcome to apply with TOEFL, IELTS or any of the methods mentioned here.
Program Description and Accreditation
This institution has been granted consent by the Minister of Colleges and Universities to offer this degree program for a five-year term starting July 28, 2021. Prospective students are responsible for satisfying themselves that the program and the degree will be appropriate to their needs (e.g., acceptable to potential employers, professional licensing bodies or other educational institutions).
The Master of Science in Project Management is designed to provide you with the practical skills and theoretical concepts you need to lead complex projects. You’ll have the unique opportunity to:
- Gain knowledge in every step from project inception to completion, including project definition, cost and risk estimation, schedule planning and monitoring, budget management, negotiation and conflict resolution, leadership, presentation, and evaluation.
- Complete all educational requirements for PMP certification.
- Pursue an area of concentration, allowing for specialized knowledge in an area of particular interest.
- Choose the learning format that meets your needs (100% online or flexible hybrid format that combines online and in-class instruction).
In September 2009, the Master of Science in Project Management received accreditation by the Project Management Institute’s Global Accreditation Center, the world’s leading association for project management professionals. Accreditation is achieved by meeting the GAC’s rigorous standards, which include an assessment of program objectives and outcomes, a review of onsite and online resources, evaluations of faculty and students, and proof of continuous improvements in the area of project management.
Admissions at the College of Professional Studies operates on a rolling basis, meaning that applications are reviewed as they are received, and there are multiple intakes over the course of the academic year. See above for upcoming academic terms along with the application deadline for each.
1. Online application
2. Statement of purpose (500-1000 words)
3. Professional resumé
4. Unofficial undergraduate transcripts
5. Two letters of recommendation
6. English Language Proficiency Proof: Students for whom English is not their primary language must submit one of the following:
- Official bachelor’s degree transcript from an accredited college or university in the U.S., stating degree conferral and date
- TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson (PTE), or NU Global Exam scores
See more detail on application requirements here.
Begin your online application here.
- Effectively lead and manage sometimes interrelated, complex projects in a mature manner while avoiding common project management pitfalls.
- Manage project scope, risk, quality, and performance metrics while effectively communicating with all project stakeholders.
- Integrate project management best practices and tools through experiential learning opportunities.
- Understand the need for ethics and social responsibility in the practice of project management as outlined in the PMI Code of Ethics.
- Develop the critical-thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills necessary to lead projects in a complex and dynamic project environment.
Find Out More
Request More Information
By submitting the form, you will receive information from Northeastern University with details about our degree programs and certificates by email or receive a phone call from one of our enrollment coaches. You can unsubscribe at any time.