Master of Science in Information Systems
Domestic (Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents): December 1, 2023
International Inside Canada: November 15, 2023
International Out of Country: September 15, 2023
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT STUDY PERMITS
We recommend students looking to pursue a Study Permit apply 3 months minimum in advance of the program start date.
Learn more about Study Permit application on the OGS website.
*Please note – For students applying to our Canadian campuses who are eligible for and wish to apply for a Study Permit via Student Direct Stream (SDS), the IELTS is the only English Language test accepted with the SDS application. Students applying via non-SDS are welcome to apply with TOEFL, IELTS or any of the methods mentioned here.
Program Description and Accreditation
This institution has been granted consent by the Minister of Colleges and Universities to offer this degree program for a five-year term starting July 28, 2021. Prospective students are responsible for satisfying themselves that the program and the degree will be appropriate to their needs (e.g., acceptable to potential employers, professional licensing bodies or other educational institutions.)
In Northeastern’s Master of Science, MS, in Information Systems (MSIS) degree program, you will embark on an IT leadership pathway as a more evolved, dynamic software engineer. Through an innovative curriculum and a rigorous academic program that is both broad and deep, master’s information systems students will become problem-solvers who design groundbreaking software solutions that fit within the complexities of the business world and solve the humanistic needs of the people who use them.
This flexible degree program puts software at the forefront of the engineering paradigm to address the socio-technical needs of contemporary society. You’ll be prepared to go beyond simple programming to become a leader in information technology, delivering systems that are safe, secure, and help solve the world’s grand challenges.
Your degree will involve a deep level of applied learning with project-based case studies in every course and you will have the opportunity to apply for a co-op experience in an industry of your choosing. You’ll also have the flexibility to tailor your degree to your professional goals through a number of available concentrations and electives.
- Wide range of cutting-edge courses that reflect current and future industry trends
- Applied learning with project-based case studies
- Opportunity to apply for a co-op position to gain industry experience
- Completed online application form
- $75 application fee
- Two letters of recommendation
- Transcripts from all institutions attended
- Statement of purpose
- TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo for international applicants
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or similar field
Graduates of the MS in Information Systems program at Northeastern have very high success in job placements. Our graduates are hired by industry leaders such as IBM, Oracle, Microsoft, and more, as well as by companies large and small in industries all over the globe. Recent graduates are working in the following roles:
- Functional engineers and architects
- Project managers
- Business design and process architects
- Data architects
- IT managers
- According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics*, the median annual wage for software developers is around $100,000, with employment projected to grow 24 percent from 2016 to 2026, which is much faster than the average for all occupations because of society’s increasing reliance on technology in all fields. * Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Software Developers